Tired of complicated microscopes?
Easy. Fast. Affordable.
Designed with input from researchers who use fluorescence microscopy, the Invitrogen EVOS FLoid Cell Imaging Station captures high-quality, three-color fluorescent cell images right at your benchtop.
The Invitrogen™ EVOS™ FLoid™ Imaging Station can be used in a broad range of applications, including routine tissue culture visualization and imaging (e.g., with DAPI, GFP, and Invitrogen™ Texas Red™ dye), and serves as an excellent entry instrument for fluorescence microscopy
It is so simple to use, even novice users can collect data in just a few clicks of the mouse:
- Simplicity—the intuitive, multilingual user interface allows anyone to capture images
- Speed—get results quickly, without warm-up, cool-down, or filter changes
- Convenience—capture and print images on your bench, rather than in the darkroom
- Robustness—no moving parts and long-life LEDs for reliable day-to-day use
Why do so many people love the EVOS FLoid?
- Anyone can image
- EVOS FLoid’s intuitive user interface allows novices and experts to generate fluorescence cell images in a snap.
- Self-contained instrument
- No moving parts provides an insurance policy for your expensive confocal scopes allowing day to day use.
- Protocols and reagent info preloaded
- The integrated Invitrogen™ reagent selection guide with protocols helps you design and execute your cell imaging experiments.
- Print image stickers directly from EVOS FLoid
- Print and stick captured images right in your notebook with the associated printer.
- Image at your bench
- The instrument design blocks ambient light taking fluorescent cell imaging out of the darkroom and on your bench.
- Objective: 20X plan fluorite;
- Numerical aperture (NA): 0.45;
- Working distance (WD): 5.9 mm (defined as the tip of the objective to the bottom of a 1.2-mm thick slide)
- Overall Magnification: 460X (optical)–1840X (with digital zoom)
- Display Resolution: 1366 × 768 pixels
- Image Resolution: 1296 × 964 pixels
- Contrast Methods: Fluorescence and transmitted light (relief phase)
- Color Channels: 4 channels (relief phase, blue fluorescence, green fluorescence, red fluorescence)
- Illumination: LED (50,000 hour life), adjustable intensity
- Excitation: Blue channel: 390/40 nm; Green channel: 482/18 nm; Red channel: 586/15 nm
- Emission: Blue channel: 446/33 nm; Green channel: 532/59 nm; Red channel: 646/68 nm
- Stage to Condenser: 60 mm
- Camera: Sony 1.3MP 1/3″ ICX445 EXview HAD CCD
- Stage: Mechanical XY glide stage that can move within a 5 mm diameter circle
- LCD monitor: 15-inch color; display resolution 1366 x 768 pixels; Image resolution 1296 x 964 pixels; adjustable tilt
- Software: FLoid® Cell Imaging Station Software
- Captured Images: 16-bit monochochrome TIFF, PNG, BMP and JPG; 1296 × 964 pixels
- Supplied USB Drive: 2 Gigabyte
- Instrument Type: Benchtop device for imaging cells
- Instrument Dimensions:
- 15.9″ (W) × 21.1″ (H) × 13.9″ (D)
- 40.4 cm (W) × 53.6 cm (H) × 35.3 cm (D)
- Weight: 26 lbs (11.8 kg)
- Operating Power: 100–240 VAC
- Frequency: 50–60 Hz
- Electrical input: 5 VDC, 4.15 A
- Operating Temperature: 4–32°C
- Operating Humidity: <90% (non-condensing)
- Output Ports: 4 USB