“Varian Prostar 701 Fraction Collector
The ProStar 701/701A X-Y Fraction Collector has easy-to-use, interactive programming. Microprocessor control and advanced software allow you to quickly program the ProStar 701/701A for almost any collection scheme. Common collection schemes and features you can easily program include:
– Basic collection of uniform fractions with fraction sizes set by time, drop count or volume.
– Peaks may be detected by: slope (rate of change in detector output) threshold level sensing time windows time windows and/or slope time windows and/or level slope and level sensing time windows and/or slope and level sensing
– A delay time may be programmed to synchronize the ProStar 701/701A with the detector. Automated repetition of the collection program each time the ProStar 701/701A receives a restart signal from an autoinjector or other controller.
– Diversion of initial void volume or waste, using either the built-in waste funnel, or optional 3-way valve.
– The ProStar 701/701A is capable of communicating serially using the Varian Star Workstation.
– A selectable drop-wait feature, which waits for the next drop before advancing, is available in time and volume collection modes.
– The user can select either a serpentine, or left to right only collection mode.
– An optional anti-drip or diverter valve is available for use with the ProStar 701/701A. Prep versions of these are also available.
– On-line help messages are available to help the user.
– On-line editing allows the user to correct problems without interrupting the sample run.
– Multi-column collection capabilities are provided through an optional multi-column adapter.”