A benchtop laser scanning instrument that is designed for the rapid, automated processing of Affymetrix GeneChip probe arrays.
- The scanner measures the intensity of fluorescence of labelled sample nucleic acid bound to GeneChip probe arrays
- A key component of the Affymetrix GeneChip system; automatically focuses optics, scans sample dye fluorescence, and sends data to workstation
- Laser: Argon ion laser, excitation wavelength of 488 nm
- Laser Spot Size: 4 microns, full width at half maximum
- Minimum Probe Cell Size (Affymetrix GeneChip Specifications): 20 microns
- Scanning Time Per Dye: 4 minutes maximum, 2 minutes pre-scan per probe array