BioSurplus is a leading provider of equipment management solutions and pre-owned scientific instruments to the life sciences industry. BioSurplus offers an array of equipment management and valuation services, utilizing its proprietary methodology to assist companies during corporate M&A, upsizing, downsizing, and liquidation transition periods.
Founded in 2003, BioSurplus offers solutions for every stage of the laboratory equipment life cycle — from buying to selling — and managing every process in between. We offer services nationally, internationally and sell equipment worldwide. BioSurplus is headquartered in San Diego, CA, with additional showroom / warehouse facilities located in the San Francisco Bay Area and Boston, MA.
BioSurplus is currently seeking to hire a Senior Inside Sales Associate for its Boston location. The Senior Inside Sales Associate is responsible to close a sufficient amount of leads to meet the company’s yearly sales goals. Utilizing his/her specialized knowledge and skills, the Senior Inside Sales Associate shall exercise discretion with limited supervision to work with potential customers of the company’s equipment and negotiate and close sales. This position will work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders to achieve department, company and personal goals.
Hours will be 8:00 AM. – 5:00 PM Eastern time. Only people with proven sales experience need apply.
Scope and Responsibilities
- Talking to customers on the phone and in the show room with success at turning those inquires into sales with no supervision required.
- Effectively communicating the company’s value proposition both verbally in person, over the phone, and in written communications.
- Diligently following up on all sales leads to increase likelihood of close.
- Providing assistance to product marketing to assure proper pricing of all equipment to maximize sales proceeds and minimize time held in inventory
- Using sufficient instructive selling skills to minimize return of equipment by customers
- Requires advanced scientific degree and/or work experience equivalent to a Masters level understanding of laboratory equipment.
- Deep understanding of a range of scientific equipment to provide a consultative approach for scientific customers and make recommendations based on their needs.
- Flexible and able to manage his/her time with daily changes in priorities that result from inbound sales opportunities.
- Confident, organized, and enthusiastic about the company’s equipment.
- Ability to establish rapport with a wide variety of people.
- Able to work well in an independent environment and held accountable for personal performance.
- Able to exercise discretion and independent judgment with limited supervision.
- Strong closer
Qualified candidates please send your resume to email@example.com. No phone calls.
BioSurplus is an equal opportunity employer, providing competitive salaries, performance-based bonuses, benefits and employee stock options.