Positively impacting communities with a growing and green effort.
In the absence of an experienced service provider, unused or unwanted lab equipment is likely to end up in storage facilities or worse —landfills. Here at BioSurplus, we take our role in the Life Science industry ecosystem as natural recyclers seriously. Not only are we dedicated to helping facilitate the development of scientific discovery by providing quality pre-owned equipment at low cost, but we are also proud to offer our customers a sustainable solution that helps to protect the planet.
When laboratory equipment is no longer wanted or needed, BioSurplus assigns that equipment to our Restart Science program. The instruments are donated to local schools and colleges to extend valuable learning opportunities for our community.
The Restart Science program presents an annual award to participants who have the best idea for repurposing a laboratory instrument you might expect to find in a landfill. If you have a repurposing story to share, send your submission to email@example.com.
Environmental Excellence in All That We Do
Today, BioSurplus remains fully committed to achieving environmental excellence and to working with our partners and suppliers to meet or exceed environmental commitments:
- Comply with applicable environmental laws and regulations.
- Operate our facilities with all necessary environmental permits, approvals and operational controls.
- Promote safe and responsible reuse, recycling and disposition of our products and packaging at the end of their useful life.
- Promote relevant environmental initiatives by our internal organizations, managers, employees, strategic partners and suppliers.
- Be guided by the principles of pollution prevention and continual improvement.
- Review our Environmental Policy and ensure it remains appropriate for the nature, scale and environmental impacts of our activities, products and services.