The ProStar 701/701A X-Y Fraction Collector has easy-to-use,
interactive programming. Microprocessor control and advanced
software allow you to quickly program the ProStar 701/701A for
almost any collection scheme.
Common collection schemes and features you can easily
• Basic collection of uniform fractions with fraction sizes set by
time, drop count or volume.
• Peaks may be detected by:
slope (rate of change in detector output)
threshold level sensing
time windows and/or slope
time windows and/or level
slope and level sensing
time windows and/or slope and level sensing
• A delay time may be programmed to synchronize the ProStar 701/701A with the detector.
Automated repetition of the collection program each time the
ProStar 701/701A receives a restart signal from an
autoinjector or other controller.
• Diversion of initial void volume or waste, using either the
built-in waste funnel, or optional 3-way valve.
• The ProStar 701/701A is capable of communicating serially
using the Varian Star Workstation.
• A selectable drop-wait feature, which waits for the next drop
before advancing, is available in time and volume collection
• The user can select either a serpentine, or left to right only
• An optional anti-drip or diverter valve is available for use with
the ProStar 701/701A. Prep versions of these are also
• On-line help messages are available to help the user.
• On-line editing allows the user to correct problems without
interrupting the sample run.
• Multi-column collection capabilities are provided through an
optional multi-column adapter.