A tissue preparation apparatus used to cutting slices, cubes, or prisms of tissue for metabolic experiments.
- Machine traverses specimen left to right while a blade is raised and dropped with adjustable force
- Cutting speed variable up to 200 strokes/min
- Designed to work with small or irregular specimens from biopsy or from small organs
- Creates less disturbance than homogenizers and works with fragments that would be difficult to cut with ordinary methods
- Slices up to 1 mm thick or cubes/prisms up to 1 mm cross section
- Prepares sections within 30 seconds
- Stepless variation of slice thickness with micrometer head