Last Updated: 6 Sept 2018
For the purposes of the EU General Data Protection Regulation 2016 (the “GDPR”), BioSurplus, Inc. is the controller and responsible for your personal data.
1. Scope of Application
3. How to Contact Us
4. How We Collect Personal Data
Information You Provide
In order to register with the Site you must provide certain personal data (such as email address, names and fields of business). In order to submit offers for purchase or sale of equipment to BioSurplus, or in order to take part in an auction, you must also provide the following personal data: phone number; driver’s licence, passport, SSN, VAT or other identification number; billing information including company name, address, contact information and payment card information; and shipping information including address and contact information.
You may also provide personal data when you inquire about our services, subscribe to publications, request a quote or marketing and when you register and attend an event.
Furthermore, when you contact us (online or offline) in connection with a request for information, to access the Site and to provide you with support, we collect personal data necessary to fulfil your request, to grant you access to the Site, to provide you with support and to be able to contact you.
BioSurplus also collects information about the transactions an Individual undertakes, including details of credit cards used, and information in connection with participation in any promotions or competitions offered by BioSurplus.
Information We Collect
Our web servers collect technical information relating to visitors to the Site, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform.
We may also collect information about your visit, including pages you viewed or searched for, page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), methods used to browse away from the page, and any phone number used to call our customer service number.
This information may be aggregated to measure the number of visits, average time spent on the Site, pages viewed, etc. We use this information to measure the use of the Site and to improve the content we offer. We may share anonymized experiential information or other data with third parties on an aggregated basis without the use of any information that personally identifies you.
5. How We Use Personal Data
- create and maintain your Participant account and to respond to queries, suggestions and requests;
- handle and fulfil orders and sales and process accounts such as invoices. This may also include the processing of personal data that we receive from third parties, for example, address data to verify your correct address;
- provide after-sales services and to notify you about changes to our services, and to send you service emails relating to the activities you have asked us to undertake on your behalf;
- monitor the Site’s performance, utilization of features and services, traffic trends and browser versions;
- inform participants about products and services on the Site, conduct direct marketing, or send promotional offers or notices from BioSurplus or third parties, where you have proved your consent if required by the applicable law;
- provide credit card information to the appropriate credit card company to complete a Participant’s transaction;
- be supplemented with information received from third parties; and
BioSurplus may share information concerning buyers and the assets that they bid for or purchase with selected service providers who may use this information to conduct direct marketing or send promotional materials about their products and services.
6. Transfer of Personal Data
Personal data may be disclosed:
- to our affiliated companies;
- to our professional advisors such as auditors, accountants and lawyers, etc.;
- to third parties in order to comply with any legal or regulatory requirements or in emergencies;
- to other users of the Site in connection with selling/buying certain products or product groups;
- to trusted third-party service providers who perform services on our behalf in connection with the Site. The services provided by such third parties include services in the following categories: processing payments on our behalf, helping us to provide products or services that you request, sending marketing communications on our behalf, authenticating identities on our behalf, helping us to create or maintain our databases, helping us to research or analyse visitors to our Site and maintaining the security of our Site; or as part of aggregated anonymous BioSurplus user data (not individually identifiable).
7. Transfer of Personal Data Outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”) and International Individuals
We are headquartered in the United States. Your data will be accessed by us or transferred to us in the United States or to our affiliates, partners, or service providers who are located worldwide. If you are visiting the Site from outside the United States, be aware that your personal data may be transferred to, stored, and processed in the United States where our servers are located, and our central database is operated. By using the Site, you consent to any transfer of this information.
8. Links to Third-Party Websites
The Site may include links to other third-party websites (“Linked Sites”). Unless otherwise agreed between the Individual concerned and BioSurplus, BioSurplus shall not share personal data about Individuals with the operators of such Linked Sites, but may provide aggregated anonymous information regarding Participants to such operators.
Each Individual acknowledges that the information entered in and posted through and on the Site, including, without limitation, items for sale, acceptances and bids may be available to all Participants of an auction on the Site and that BioSurplus cannot guarantee the security of any information disclosed online. Individuals further acknowledge that any information disclosed online inherently is subject to security and privacy limitations.
BioSurplus is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of the Linked Sites and hereby expressly disclaims all responsibility and liability that may arise therefrom.
BioSurplus is not responsible for the privacy practices of the credit card companies, gives no representation or warranty concerning such companies or the services that they offer and hereby expressly disclaims all responsibility and liability that may arise therefrom.
10. “Do-Not-Track” Signals
We do not respond to web browser “do not track” signals. As such, your navigation of the Site may be tracked as part of the gathering of quantitative user information described above. If you arrive at the Site by way of a link from a third party site that does respond to “do not track” requests, the recognition of any “do not track” request you have initiated will end as soon as you reach our Site.
11. Storage Information and Opting Out
Individuals are entitled to request from BioSurplus information concerning:
- the kind of personal data that is being stored about them and processed by BioSurplus;
- the purposes of processing that information;
- the identity of third parties which have been provided with that information; and
- the origin of that information.
We will store your personal data, in a form that permits us to identify you, for no longer than is necessary for the purpose for which the personal data is processed. We store your personal data as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements and rights, or if it is not technically and reasonably feasible to remove it. Otherwise, we will seek to delete your personal data within a reasonable timeframe upon request.
12. Your Californian Rights
For residents of California only. Section 1798.83 of the California Civil Code requires select businesses to disclose policies relating to the sharing of certain categories of your Personal Data with third parties. If you reside in California and have provided your Personal Data to BioSurplus, you may request information about our disclosures of certain categories of Personal Data to third parties for direct marketing purposes. Such requests can be submitted by sending an email to info@nullBioSurplus.com.
13. European Residents
If you are based in Europe, in certain circumstances you have rights under data protection laws in relation to personal data we hold about you—specifically:
- Request access to your personal data. You may have the right to request access to any personal data we hold about you as well as related information, including the purposes for processing the personal data, the recipients or categories of recipients with whom the personal data has been shared, where possible, the period for which the personal data will be stored, the source of the personal data, and the existence of any automated decision making.
- Request correction of your personal data. You may have the right to obtain without undue delay the rectification of any inaccurate personal data we hold about you.
- Request erasure of your personal data. You may have the right to request that personal data held about you is deleted.
- Request restriction of processing your personal data. You may have the right to prevent or restrict processing of your personal data.
- Request transfer of your personal data. You may have the right to request transfer of personal data directly to a third party where this is technically feasible.
You can exercise these rights by sending an email to info@nullBioSurplus.com.