BioSurplus is looking to a hire a Service Technician for our South San Francisco office. The Service Technician will be responsible for servicing instruments for both BioSurplus and outside customers in the service lab and at customer sites. The Service Technician will use experience and continuous learning to perform repair, reconditioning, preventive maintenance, installation and qualification services for a wide variety of instruments used in life sciences research. He/she will be responsible for creating records for all service events performed. He/she will report to the Service Manager but will be expected to drive tasks and projects on a fairly independent basis. All work will be performed consistent with company policies and with the highest regard for safety, profitability and sensitivity to customers’ needs.
EXPERIENCE / SKILL REQUIRED
1. Minimum 3 years previous experience repairing and maintaining scientific research equipment including HPLC’s, centrifuges, microscopes, cold storage, and general lab
2. Broad-based understanding of life sciences suited to troubleshooting a wide variety of lab instruments
3. Strong computing skills: MS Windows and Office suite; cloud computing and sharing ability
4. Able to manage multiple changing priorities effectively
5. Detail and process oriented
6. Enjoys learning and deals well with a fast-paced environment and change
7. Able to work independently or on a team as needed
8. Must have a professional demeanor, appearance and strong communication skills
9. Practical, working knowledge of common desktop hardware and operating systems suitable to performing software installation, hard drive imaging and restoration
To be considered for this position, please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org with an attached cover letter.