BioSurplus is a leading provider of equipment management solutions and pre-owned scientific instruments to the life sciences industry. BioSurplus offers an array of equipment management and valuation services, utilizing its proprietary methodology to assist companies during corporate M&A, upsizing, downsizing, and liquidation transition periods.
Founded in 2003, BioSurplus offers solutions for every stage of the laboratory equipment life cycle — from buying to selling — and managing every process in between. We offer services nationally, internationally and sell equipment worldwide. BioSurplus is headquartered in San Diego, CA, with additional showroom / warehouse facilities located in the San Francisco Bay Area and Boston, MA.
BioSurplus is currently seeking to hire a Business Development Manager for its San Diego location. The Business Development Manager is responsible for identifying ongoing equipment supply acquisitions in the San Diego, Orange County and Los Angeles areas. The goal is to develop relationships with key decision makers within life science companies to become their vendor of choice for surplus equipment redeployment. The position will also build relationships/partnerships with key stakeholders in the life science community such as vendors, associations, etc. to leverage our market impact/growth.
Scope and Responsibilities
- Target and build relationships with companies to establish partnerships for ongoing equipment supply
- Support the overall process of management and corporate decision making to ensure the organization meets revenue goals
- Attend industry functions such as seminars and networking events, and provide feedback and follow up to prospective suppliers and customers
- Support overall corporate goals and promote all services provided by company
- Develop contact database and work within a multitude of programs to identify leads and opportunities to build ongoing supply pipeline
- Negotiate contracts for purchase, consignment and/or auctioning of equipment.
- Assemble detailed contract exhibits that include accurate equipment listings from suppliers
- Previous sales, marketing and/or business development experience in the life science industry.
- Science degree and/or lab experience
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively
- Proficient in Excel, Word, Power Point and CRM
- Experience networking vertically within life science companies — including C-level
- Good project and time management skills; ability to multi-task is a must
- Solid organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
- Ability to communicate effectively both internally and externally
Qualified candidates please send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls.
BioSurplus is an equal opportunity employer, providing competitive salaries, performance-based bonuses, benefits and employee stock options.