SAN DIEGO–(BUSINESS WIRE)–BioSurplus, America’s leader in used lab equipment, announced today that it will be holding a timed online auction of lab equipment from AVEO Oncology’s discontinued research facility in Cambridge, Mass. The online auction will run from March 10-17, 2015.
Located in the heart of the Kendall Square biotechnology supercluster, AVEO’s laboratory facility contains approximately 400 lots of biotech research equipment that will be available for auction. Available equipment can be viewed during an on-site, open house event at 650 East Kendall Street, Cambridge, MA 02142 on Thursday, March 5 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. and Friday, March 6 from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
“This auction is a great opportunity for small biotechs and university labs to acquire pristine, late-model equipment at a fraction of the new price,” says Cinco Plumb, President and CEO of BioSurplus.
Items available in this auction include late-model refrigerated centrifuges, biosafety cabinets, ultra-low freezers, research microscopes, consumables as well as other analytical and basic biotech equipment. Included among the lots are high-end instruments such as:
– BD FACSAria flow cytometer / cell sorter (2012 model)
– GE Biacore T100 SPR analyzer (2010 model)
– Thermo Scientific NanoDrop 1000 & 2000 spectrophotometers
– ForteBio Octet QK label-free system
– Aperio ScanScope XT and FL slide scanners
– GE AKTA Purifier FPLC systems
– Leica histology and pathology equipment
– Leica and Nikon upright and inverted research microscopes
Please visit http://auctions.biosurplus.com/view-auctions/catalog/id/150/ to view the online catalog.
For more information on the auction, please call 866-236-4496, x222, or email email@example.com.