1. Scope of Application
2. Storage and Use of Information
Each Individual submits to the Site certain personal information (such as email addresses, names and fields of business) as well as offers for purchase or sale of Individual’s equipment to BioSurplus. BioSurplus also collects information about the transactions an Individual undertakes, including details of credit cards used, and information in connection with participation in any promotions or competitions offered by BioSurplus. This information may be stored and used by BioSurplus on its systems to:
- monitor the Site’s performance, utilization of features and services, traffic trends and browser versions;
- inform participants about products and services on the Site, conduct direct marketing, or send promotional offers or notices from BioSurplus or third parties;
- provide credit card information to the appropriate credit card company to complete a Participant’s transaction;
- be supplemented with information received from third parties; and,
Furthermore, this information may be disclosed:
- to third parties in order to comply with any legal or regulatory requirements or in emergencies;
- to other users of the Site in connection with selling/buying certain products or product groups; or
- as part of aggregated anonymous BioSurplus user data (not individually identifiable).
The Site may include links to other third party websites (“Linked Sites”). Unless otherwise agreed between the Individual concerned and BioSurplus, BioSurplus shall not share personal data about Individuals with the operators of such Linked Sites, but may provide aggregated anonymous information regarding Participants to such operators.
BioSurplus may also use “cookies” that store information entered by Individuals in forms on the Site. A cookie is an element of data that a website can send to a user’s browser, and which may then be stored on the user’s system. It can be used to provide the Individual with a tailored user experience, generally in terms of personalized content and promotions.
BioSurplus may share information concerning buyers and the assets that they bid for or purchase with selected service providers who may use this information to conduct direct marketing or send promotional materials about their products and services.
Each Individual acknowledges that the information entered in and posted through and on the Site, including, without limitation, items for sale, acceptances and bids may be available to all Participants of an auction on the Site and that BioSurplus cannot guarantee the security of any information disclosed online. Individuals further acknowledge that any information disclosed online inherently is subject to security and privacy limitations.
BioSurplus is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of the Linked Sites and hereby expressly disclaims all responsibility and liability which may arise therefrom.
BioSurplus is not responsible for the privacy practices of the credit card companies, gives no representation or warranty concerning such companies or the services that they offer and hereby expressly disclaims all responsibility and liability which may arise therefrom.
4. Storage Information and Opting Out
Individuals are entitled to request from BioSurplus information concerning:
- the kind of personal data that is being stored about them and processed by BioSurplus;
- the purposes of processing that information;
- the identity of third parties which have been provided with that information; and
- the origin of that information.